Av8torTom

Well Known Member
kit today and the Avery tool set. One EAA table built along with another similar size table. Half of a two car garage so it will be cozy, but I think doable - certainly for now. I had originally planned on building a 7, but when I visited Vans last week, and got input from this forum and others, I decided on the 9. Interestingly, when I told Ken at Vans what I wanted to build a 7 he said "why would you want to do that?... the 9's a much better overall airplane". Maybe they're overstocked on 9 parts :)

Very excited and a little nervous.

Congratulations! I am building a -7 but regularly fly in a -9A, very solid flying airplane, you'll like it. Enjoy the journey

way to go Tom!

I was where you are now about 4 years ago.

Now I have a flying -9A!

Every long journey begins with a first step so don't forget to enjoy the trip.

Dave
-9A

My pointless post for the week....

I'm off to the bank tomorrow to sign the loan documents for my QB and toolkit. Might as well strike while the Aussie dollar is at an all-time high.

After many false starts, and an all too brief relationship with my KR2, I've finally bitten the bullet and got the KRviatrix's permission to buy a -9A quickbuild.

kit today and the Avery tool set. One EAA table built along with another similar size table. Half of a two car garage so it will be cozy, but I think doable - certainly for now. I had originally planned on building a 7, but when I visited Vans last week, and got input from this forum and others, I decided on the 9. Interestingly, when I told Ken at Vans what I wanted to build a 7 he said "why would you want to do that?... the 9's a much better overall airplane". Maybe they're overstocked on 9 parts :)

Very excited and a little nervous.

Good deal! Get 'er done!

I also started in half of a 2-car garage, the tail was easy, the wings were easy because I made a rolling wing jig and move them wherever I wanted easily. Once it's time to build the fuse, things will get a little more cramped but I've seen several people do it.