marchudson

Well Known Member
Ordered FWF today from Van's. Talked to their tech guys about the vibration isolators as I was planning on getting Lord mounts from another source. They indicated that they are now providing Lord mounts with the FWF kits. Only thing I deleted from the kit order was the Prop governor, (plan on getting a Woodward) and the heater vent (will be getting the Stainless from another source).

They indicated that they are now providing Lord mounts with the FWF kits.

Interesting, I wonder how long they've been doing this. I got my FWF kit about 1.5 years ago... i'm not sure if the mounts I got were Lord mounts or not...

Someone said they've been providing Lord mounts since the engine mount BackOrder problem last Fall. Apparently up till that time they used VIP as their supplier.

I ordered mine last week too

It varies based on your engine. I have a Superior engine with a CS prop. So I had to change a few things, including getting the exhaust from directly Vetterman (that exhaust Vans does not offer), so my kit had a lot of deletions in it. But they started my base kit as the Horizontal FI engine they sell. The details for it are Kit FF-7/7A IO-360M1B CS FIREWALL FORWARD KIT and the price is $5240.00.

How much is Van's asking for the fwf kit at the moment?