CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
Are there any good panel mounted options for receiving xm/Sirius radio a days? I've seen some car like receivers mount on top ofnthe panel but they never look so great. I wish the EFIS/audio companies would provide an integrated option. I know PS used to have a audio panel that did this but was discontinued due to lack of demand.

I have sirius but if I built the airplane I would probably skip it. An ipod is much better with no disruption in signal. And there are some ipod that have am/fm radio built in if you get tired of your own music.

I have sirius but if I built the airplane I would probably skip it. An ipod is much better with no disruption in signal. And there are some ipod that have am/fm radio built in if you get tired of your own music.

As to disruptions in signal, with my XM, that hasn't been a problem. You'll definately loose am/fm signals frequently when flying. But I agree on the I-pod. My XM is with the 696 & XM weather.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Are there any good panel mounted options for receiving xm/Sirius radio a days? I've seen some car like receivers mount on top ofnthe panel but they never look so great. I wish the EFIS/audio companies would provide an integrated option. I know PS used to have a audio panel that did this but was discontinued due to lack of demand.

Like Tony stated, skip the XM. Put a PSE 8000BT in your plane. Then either plug in your music source (it could be an XM receiver), or better yet, connect your Iphone/Ipod/Android/Winphone via bluetooth.