K?hler

I have collected most of the tools, etc needed to build an RV. I've built multiple practice kits and I'm comfortable with the engineering, tools, techniques, etc. However, I still don't want to use the tail kit for practice - I'd like the first rivet on the plane to be as good as the last.

Ideally, I'm hoping for an expert opinion of my results, maybe some more advanced "things to look for" to get good results, etc. - something beyond "How to Shoot a Rivet 101." I am considering the EAA SportAir RV workshop. Is there enough value in that to make it worth my while? I know I have a lot to learn, but at the same time I don't want to waste a weekend bored to tears. (and it is $ 1/5 of a tail, after all) I appreciate your thoughts...

SportAir

In my opinion, the RV Assembly class is more than worth the money. Even though I had already started my tail when I took the class, I came home a much better builder. Since you're in WI, you're way ahead of the game, because there are so many workshops available at Oshkosh throughout the year. Since my first class, I have also taken the Electrical/Avionics class, which has saved me more money than it cost me, since I was able to buy the right materials and build my harnesses the right way from the start.

Definitely take any of the classes you can. You won't regret it!

It is well worth the cost and the time. You will spend the entire weekend using all the tools and techniques involved with the building of your RV. The added benefit is meeting other builders and networking with them.

Have dinner at "Kodiak Jack's" just north of the airport on the west side of 41 near the Walmart. Great place. Go early or have a few drinks in the sports bar while you wait.

Roberta