woodsideraff

Well Known Member
I understand that the documents required to be carried in the airplane are:

Airworthiness Certificate
Certificate of Aircraft Registration
Operating Limitations
Weight and Balance Data

I uderstand each one except the "Operating Limitations". What excactly do I need to have?

Thanks and best regards,

RL

Operating Limitations

The Operating Limitations are issued to you by the DAR that does your final inspection of your plane before it flies. They tell you what you can and can not do with your experimental plane. :)

The Operating Limitations are issued to you by the DAR that does your final inspection of your plane before it flies. They tell you what you can and can not do with your experimental plane. :)

They are also PART of the airworthiness certificate (officially - not physically), so the airplane isn't technically airworthy unless they are onboard.

Paul

opertaiong limitations

Thanks for the reply. In my case, I purchased my RV8 from the builder. I just want to be sure I have the appropriate papers with me in case of a ramp check.

Cheers,

RL

Are the original signed documents required to be on board, or can you burn a copy from the .pdf found in the FAA records CD?

Yes a copy is acceptable. IF you lose yours, the FAA will fax you a copy from OK City.

The Sprcial Airworthness Certificate (8130-7) MUST be an Origional and CANNOT be laminated.

Last edited: