WISC

Well Known Member
VAF,
I am looking at a RV6. The AW certificate has operation limitation identified on the front under block E. The owner doesn't have the limitations nor does he have log books, which is another story.

I have contacted the FAA but they aren't moving at the speed I need. Anyone know how I can find a copy of those limitation?
Anyone ever deal with this?
I believe the limitations are required for the AW certificate to be legal.

Thank you,
WISC

The operating limitations are required for sure. The FAA should have a copy but as you said they can move slowly. I would try to contact whoever performed the initial airworthiness inspection if the seller has that information, I believe they often keep copies themselves.

On another note, I would hope the price is commensurate with the lack of logs...

Chris

VAF,
I am looking at a RV6. The AW certificate has operation limitation identified on the front under block E. The owner doesn't have the limitations nor does he have log books, which is another story.

WISC

No logs - take a pass on this one.

A neighbor purchased a Lancair 360 that he asked me to look at before purchase. Same deal - no logs. The owner said "oh I forgot to bring them" but none ever showed up. Huge problems with the plane leading to a full engine and prop overhaul, W&B that had the CG out of limits aft, and fixing a crack that was about to let the HS depart the airplane.

Carl

They are part of the 8130-7 pink airworthiness certificate and must be in the plane for flight. DAR's can request aircraft files and get everything that the FAA has on the plane. There may be a slight charge.

There are also businesses in Oklahoma City that specialize in expedited aircraft record. Do a search, or check Trade-a-plane ads.

For those owning a plane they did not build, the aircraft files may be of interest.

Plane Fax

planefaxreports.com will email you the FAA records in 24 hours or less. (on a buisness day) for $19.