Mark Bolton

Dear Readers,

I am contemplating a career change into the simulator industry and want to dabble in Flightgear development in order to get to grips with the technology. Have been googling this hard but there seems to be nothing on RV aircraft vis a vis Flightgear.

Anyone been there yet ?

Kind Regards

Mark

I've looked at Flight Gear, dabbled a little...

Nothing specifically RV related was there yet, IIRC. However, you could probably pull an X-Plane RV model into it via AC3D (but to avoid copyright issues you'd have to draw one up from scratch) and define the flight model using the YASim model.

There might be people here willing to help with validating the flight model.

Up Date

I have loaded X Plane and quite a bit of work has already been done. Most of the RV models are in there and the building interface seems quite easy to use. Should be good for previewing paint schemes.

I have loaded X Plane and quite a bit of work has already been done. Most of the RV models are in there and the building interface seems quite easy to use. Should be good for previewing paint schemes.

Might be good for paint schemes; but I think the flight models are rather generic, and don't give me the illusion of flying an RV. However, as a long time user & tester of flight simulations, I can tell you, that there are sim planes, that actually do a good job of "faking it". :D You'll also notice that with flap deployment, the nose pitches "up", Cessna style, instead of pitching down like RV's do. Actually, I don't know what the real "10" does pitch wise.

L.Adamson -- RV6A