Rhino889

Well Known Member
Did a search and a lot of builders are missing OP-22?

#1: Why?

#2: can someone email me a copy of the OP-22 (RV-8 IO360)? I'm missing it and 2 other local builds are as well?

#3: anyone have advice or photos of the throttle and mixture bracket install on a horizontal superior cold air sump.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

scfarns at gmail dot com

After getting the plans...

now I have to figure out where to put the throttle bracket on the non-existing throttle bracket mount?:confused:

8295ac11.jpg

241a3f1b.jpg

would anyone be able to post a picture of their custom solution?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,

Ah, I see the problem now. Sorry about that. I think you guys have a good solution. I would be inclined to make a heavier steel bracket at the same time - the very light gage bracket that Van sells is something I check closely for corner cracks at every oil change. It just seems too light to me.

You've got a nice throttle bracket mount pad right there, just above the right side (left in the photo) exhaust tubes. The angle bracket will make the throttle cable stop line up fine, with the two attach bolts to the sump on the outboard side of the bracket. That mount pad is in the same spot as my Lycoming horizontal sump on my IO-360-A1A, even though the sump itself looks totally different.

After getting the plans...

now I have to figure out where to put the throttle bracket on the non-existing throttle bracket mount?:confused:

8295ac11.jpg

241a3f1b.jpg

would anyone be able to post a picture of their custom solution?

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited:
Scott

I stuck with the 1/8" aluminium. Very sturdy and I don't think the exhaust is an issue for heat. My inspector is happy with it :)

Regards

Bob

Steve,

It looks do-able from the pictures. However, it just doesn't work. Not aligned and distance to the throttle arm is about 1/4 what is needed.:mad:

Bob,

Thanks for the reply and info. I stole your setup and here is my template for fabricating the extension.

b2d5de8a.jpg

79b3d4ea.jpg

Did a search and a lot of builders are missing OP-22?

#1: Why?

#2: can someone email me a copy of the OP-22 (RV-8 IO360)? I'm missing it and 2 other local builds are as well?

#3: anyone have advice or photos of the throttle and mixture bracket install on a horizontal superior cold air sump.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

scfarns at gmail dot com

Scott,
OP stands for optional. It's not "missing" from your plans/drawings, because it doesn't come with the plans & drawings. Optional drawings only come with the various "extras" that Vans sells. As you have found out, it's not very useful when you are not using a Lycoming sump. :(

Charlie

Scott,
OP stands for optional. It's not "missing" from your plans/drawings, because it doesn't come with the plans & drawings. Optional drawings only come with the various "extras" that Vans sells. As you have found out, it's not very useful when you are not using a Lycoming sump. :(

Charlie

Charlie,

Thanks for the reply.

However the brackets, hardware, cables, etc. all came in my Vans FWF IO-360 horizontal induction kit. Vans didn't know that I had a different sump. 2 other local builders (standard sumps) also did not have the OP (which stands for optional;)) page 22?

Did a search on VAF and found several others missing the Op-22?

The control cable connection assemblies and mixture brackets are depicted nicely on OP-22. Other then the throttle bracket, OP-22 directs you nicely through the FWF install for a Horizontal, injected 360.

I'm going to stick with... it's missing:(