CDBridgesRV7A

Good Day All,

Anyone know the "technical" term or part number for Oops rivets? I need some to replace an AN426 3-3.5 and I'm not too sure what they are called or what the part number is. I'm hoping they sell it at Aircraft Spruce Canada.

Cheers

Chris

an oops rivet

is an NAS1097AD reduced countersink head rivet.
Avery sells a kit of various sizes.
I found that I needed a few of one size, and found the best price for a small quantity was at Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies.
Bill Brooks
Ottawa, Canada
RV-6A finishing
(taking even longer than Bob!)

Chris

If you need some 1097AD4-3.5 I can drop a handful in the mail tomorrow if you would like.

Ed

AN470 OOPS RIVETS

Is there an oops rivet for an AN470 rivet? I had to drill out some 470 4-4 rivets, holding the wing ribs to the rear spar, and 2 of the holes are enlarged. If there are no oops rivets for 470 rivets, what other form of rivet can I use?

Thanks

Cheers

Chris

Is there an oops rivet for an AN470 rivet? I had to drill out some 470 4-4 rivets, holding the wing ribs to the rear spar, and 2 of the holes are enlarged. If there are no oops rivets for 470 rivets, what other form of rivet can I use?

Oops rivets are used to "display" a manufactured head that is consistent with surrounding rivets when you have to use a larger one.
The rivets you are talking about do not show so simply use a 470 5-4.