An Oops kit with lots of sizes/lengths. Including ones with a -3 shank but with a very tiny head which is great for plate nuts

These are great too.
Only a half size bigger unlike the ones above. Sometimes the hole is no good but can be saved without going all the way up from a 3 to a 4 sized rivet. Especially good where edge distance is already critical. ie if you mess up the full shank 4 size then you’re probably hosed. The mini oops lets you mess up one more time and there’s still a full oops. I’d have to double check but the mini oops for a typical -3 sized rivet needs a 34 drill, leaving you more material than a 30 drill hole required by a full oops. Nice to have options.

No point and I don't think they exist - use a regular rivet of the next size up.
Cheeries come in half sizes if that is what you really want.
Concur. I bought a bunch of them but wound up just putting regular rivets in my oops holes. Sometimes I have to proactively search for them when I'm showing my build progress to others. Can't imagine they'll matter at all once paint is on.

No point and I don't think they exist - use a regular rivet of the next size up.
Cheeries come in half sizes if that is what you really want.

That’s not correct. They do exist. Plus it’s a -4 and going to a -5 is a hog of a hole that may not be necessary. Not to mention that if the OP doesn’t have a rivet set to drive a -5 round head.

Sir you need a NAS1242 rivet. A -4 of this size is driven with a regular rivet set for 1/8” rivets. The shank will be 9/64 which is halfway between a 1/8 and a 5/32

Order from General Aircraft hardware. Get long ones and cut to length. If you only need a couple I’ll put a stamp on some and send you a few.

Last edited:
That’s not correct. They do exist. Plus it’s a -4 and going to a -5 is a hog of a hole that may not be necessary. Not to mention that if the OP doesn’t have a rivet set to drive a -5 round head.

Sir you need a NAS1242 rivet. A -4 of this size is driven with a regular rivet set for 1/8” rivets. The shank will be 9/64 which is halfway between a 1/8 and a 5/32

Order from General Aircraft hardware. Get long ones and cut to length. If you only need a couple I’ll put a stamp on some and send you a few.
If you have 6 of the oversize 3/32 at least dash 3 in length I could sure use them. General Aircraft has no stock at the moment and 1/4 pound minimum.

If you have 6 of the oversize 3/32 at least dash 3 in length I could sure use them. General Aircraft has no stock at the moment and 1/4 pound minimum.
I have oversized for -4 round head rivets.
I honestly can’t think of where there are -3 round head rivets used in my kit. Normally anywhere that calls out a round head rivet it’s a -4. What exactly are you putting together that uses a -3???

As I mentioned before the half oversized save a lot of material from a -4 to a -5 plus not needing a 5/32 rivet set. For something this small Unless you don’t have the edge distance then I’d just drill 30 and use a regular-4 rivet.

Last edited:
I have oversized for -4 round head rivets.
I honestly can’t think of where there are -3 round head rivets used in my kit. Normally anywhere that calls out a round head rivet it’s a -4. What exactly are you putting together that uses a -3???

As I mentioned before the half oversized save a lot of material from a -4 to a -5 plus not needing a 5/32 rivet set. For something this small Unless you don’t have the edge distance then I’d just drill 30 and use a regular-4 rivet.
It is for an elevator trim tab on a Glasair Sportsman. Original owner of the project didn't get it quite right.

I was able to locate them - oversize ad3-3s universal head from Genuine Aircraft Hardware. Definitely not cheap, but they are available.
Thanks to HFS and N82VM for the info!!!