WingsOnWheels

Well Known Member
I mistakenly drilled my fuel pump doubler and firewall for a K1000-3 nutplate rather than a K1000-4 nutplate. Does anyone know of a -4 nutplate with the same rivet spacing as the smaller nutplate?

I looked up the specs on the MK1000-4 but the spacing is not the same as the K1000-3.

If I can't find something that fits, I will just have to use the -3 nutplate and then later add a bushing when I fit the fuel pump.

Suggest you get in touch with Tom Brink at gahco (he's on VAF). Super guy--he knows hardware.

Can you use a single luge nut plate and angle it away from the rivet holes you have already drilled?

I mistakenly drilled my fuel pump doubler and firewall for a K1000-3 nutplate rather than a K1000-4 nutplate. Does anyone know of a -4 nutplate with the same rivet spacing as the smaller nutplate?

I looked up the specs on the MK1000-4 but the spacing is not the same as the K1000-3.

If I can't find something that fits, I will just have to use the -3 nutplate and then later add a bushing when I fit the fuel pump.
Is it possible to simply "clock" the preferred K1000-4 nutplate around the existing -3 center nuplate hole drilled through the doubler and firewall and upsize the center hole to accept a 1/4" fastener?

250nfxw.jpg

Reclocking the -4 plate would work just fine as a last resort, I am just trying to avoid punching more holes in my firewall. If I could find some type of undrill nutplate, that would be great. If I must, I will just dimple the unused holes and toss a rivet in them, then put the -4 plate in offset.

Attach the 1/4" nutplate to a piece of sheetmetal large enough to pick up the existing holes, use contersunk rivets for attachment. Locate and clock the assembly to pick up the existing holes then rivet the assembly to the pump doubler and fire wall.

Greg

Not a problem

If these are the two nut plates that hold the facet electric fuel pump in place then what you did isn't an issue. Just use some AN3 bolts and washers instead.

Reason:

1. These bolts hold the fuel pump in place. No much of load at all. The holes in the pump can accept 1/4" bolts but that is way overkill for the minimal loading the pump will ever see. Even during that high G manuver evading those ME109 and FW190's.

No worries build on.