Lemmingman

Well Known Member
I'm sure I'm not the first to have done this, but I cant seem to find anything doing a search. I'm working on my practice project and in my haste I accidentally put a dimple the wrong direction.

I was in the process of dimpling a 'skin' and I had turned the work over to inspect something or another. and just started dimpling again without thinking. I made two very nice backwards dimples when I realized my mistake. It is just a practice project, so I just flipped the piece over again and re-dimpled it the correct way but it got me to thinking. What happens if I do this during the build? Do you just flip it over and re-dimple it the correct way?

Well, I'm sure it's probably not the "right" thing to do, but I did exactly what you did--twice to be exact. On different parts I dimpled the wrong side of one hole, caught the mistake, and simply reversed it. For a one or two holes, I don't think it's an issue, just inspect the hole(s) to ensure no cracks developed in the process.

On the other hand, if I had done a whole skin (and couldn't swap turn it over and swap it top for bottom or left for right), I wouldn't try and fix it but would order a new one and start over.