kklewin

Well Known Member
Only 3 weeks left to help out our Veterans Families.... Thanks so much for your support thus far. Collectively we have raised over $2000 in pledges that will be sent entirely to Snowball Express (www.snowballexpress.org). I've pasted my original post below if you didn't catch our initial "get the word out". Thanks again. And thanks to Doug for allowing some related charity to be posted on his site.

Cheers,

Kurt

Fellow RVators,

Looking for a good way to feel good today? Please allow me a few minutes of your time if you have a moment.
I'm running the Oklahoma City Marathon this year to raise money for an organization called Snowball Express. This will be my 6th Marathon, but my first as a fundraiser. As an Air Force reservists and Iraqi Freedom vet this organization is very close to my heart. As some of you may know, Snowball Express is a non-profit organization that raises money to send spouses and children of service members who have lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan to Disney Land for 3 days of activities. We as a nation get the unique opportunity to express our sincere gratitude to these very special spouses and children.

You can visit the Snowball Express website at: www.snowballexpress.org to learn more about them. Some of the videos and pictures will melt your heart. They are a registered 501(c)3 corporation and all contributions to them are tax deductible. They are very unique in that 98 cents of every dollar in contributions goes directly to the families. All the members of the board of directors and the staff at Snowball Express are volunteers.

A fellow pilot, Roy White, is chairman of Snowball Express and it was through Roy that I became aware of the great deeds done by this wonderful organization and its dedicated volunteers. As a company, Southwest Airlines, along with other great companies like: American Airlines, Oakley, Air Tran Airlines, Baskin Robbins, Taco Bell, UPS, Best Western, Coach America and Disney Land Resorts pour their hearts into this great cause. It costs about $500 to send one child or family member to the 3 day event. Efforts by the employees of these companies and thousands of individuals provided funding to send over 1200 family members to the 2007 event.

You don't have to send any money now. I will simply take pledges from now until the day of the race on 27 April 2008. For a 30 day period after the race I will send everyone that has pledged their support an email with instructions on how to send in your donation and obtain your tax deductible receipt.

If you wish to donate simply email me the information listed below and I?ll add you to our growing list of sponsors. ([email protected])

Thanks for taking the time support Snowball Express. Please pass this along to anyone that you feel might be interested in helping our veteran's families.

Regards,

Kurt Klewin, RV6A (N85KC)
[email protected]
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: _______________________________________________________

Address: _____________________________________________________

Phone: _________________________________

Email: _________________________________

Donation Amount: ______________________

Would you like updates: (Yes/No) _________