flickroll

Well Known Member
Guys I have a Dynon EMS D-120 and an O-360-AIA running 2 Slick mags. I'm thinking about changing out my right Slick with a P-Mag. Has anyone with a Dynon set up done this? Any issues as far as getting tach readings to read properly on the Dynon display with 2 varieties of mags? Any other issues or things to look out for? Thanks

I use Lightspeed; the only data point I have is that the Dynon won't (yet) accept the RPM feeds from two systems when the number of positive pulses per revolution is different.

Another option to consider is a dedicated RPM pickup.

I have one Bendix mag, one Lightspeed and a Rocky Mountain Engine Monitor. I only get RPM from the Bendix mag. While I was concerned about it initially, operationally, it has never been a problem that I don't have rpm from just the Lightspeed. During runup, I can tell by sound that the RPM on the Lightspeed alone is essentially the same at with both systems on.

Maybe with your system you can read both but if not, I don't see the problem.

Jim,

I have two P-mag and pull the tach from P-mags and display it on my Dynon. It works as advertised. Simple enough to wire up.

the only data point I have is that the Dynon won't (yet) accept the RPM feeds from two systems when the number of positive pulses per revolution is different.

Actually Dynon allows you to set pulses per rev for L & R. At least on v5.0 it does.

Jim,
I have a FD180, a slick and a Pmag. No issues for 75 hours. When you install the PMAG remember to remove the resistor on that side used between the plead terminal and EMS. The resistor is not necessary when running the tach from a PMAG.

Actually Dynon allows you to set pulses per rev for L & R. At least on v5.0 it does.

The setting is there, the feature does not work, or at least not in all circumstances. I got this directly from them.

Check the Dynon forums for updates.

:)

The setting is there, the feature does not work, or at least not in all circumstances. I got this directly from them.

Check the Dynon forums for updates.

:)

Well I'll be switched. Figured since it was in the menu that it would work. I'll give em a call. Thanks again.