Ron

Just finished watching One Six Right!! Gotta finish the RV!! If you haven't seen it, put it on your list.
Ron

Somewhat disappointing

The promo with the sound track was superb but the movie was like an AOPA "save our airports" brow beater.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
Bob

I've got to agree with you there. The promo had a better look than the movie. I don't see this movie working as a general release movie. I still enjoyed it, but I was hoping for more of a movie that played on the romance of flying, not on the politics of it.

Cam

Enjoyed the movie and all of the flying scenes including the additional features imensly. Keep in mind that this movie is basically a history of VNY not a movie strictly about GA. I would find it hard to believe that there is no politics involved in that airport. :D

I highly recommend that everyone has a chance to see it. Get past the politics and enjoy the flying. The music is well done and the flying scenes are top notch.

Now, what I would love, is for some our Vans Clan here that are moving picture ability blessed to do something like this with RV's. Just don't mention anything about Primers, FT vs TD, or Slider vs Tip Up, and we'll have an Oscar contender. :eek:

Bob Collins said:
I'll probably buy it as long as someone can confirm that no music from Top Gun, The right Stuff or Steppenwolf accompanies the air scenes.:D

Amen, Brother. The trailer for One Six Right was absolutley amazing, with some real cool background music. I could sit through an hour of just the Pitts footage. When I went to the website to check out more, it seemed that the actual movie was going to be more of a history lesson and that perhaps the best of the aerial footage was in the trailer. I saved my cash for an engine :cool:

Bob Collins said:
I'll probably buy it as long as someone can confirm that no music from Top Gun, The right Stuff or Steppenwolf accompanies the air scenes.:D

No Problem there, I enjoyed it for the most part since I like the history type stuff. I am a bit dissapointed in the flying sequences though. While they are nice there is not enough of them. I wish the extra flying scenes were in 5.1 sound too... Wednesday I'm watching it in a THX cinema, can't wait for that nice surround sound (on the flying parts).

Jeff