datsclark

..the first one!

After several years of reading VAF about all the building stories, I've finally got started. I use the word started a little loosely, I've only just set my first few rivets on the Vans practice kit. About a month ago, I ordered an Avery tool kit, build some benches (EAA standard issue work benches, a little taller since I'm 6'6) and picked up an air compressor. I mostly wanted to get some practice before ordered the rv-7 empanage kit--I know I have a lot to learn. I suspect I'm going to find out just how deep the rabbit hole goes soon.

Thanks to Kevin down at KSQL for a ride in his 7A, really was my coup de grace. :)

Don't ya just love those $60,000 free rides! Just keep in mind that ride isn't half as fun as any ride in YOUR own RV.

Keep banging them rivets.

I am in the same boat. I am working on a Van's practice kit, and getting my shop set up. Hope to order the RV-10 kit this month.

..the first one!

After several years of reading VAF about all the building stories, I've finally got started. I use the word started a little loosely, I've only just set my first few rivets on the Vans practice kit. About a month ago, I ordered an Avery tool kit, build some benches (EAA standard issue work benches, a little taller since I'm 6'6) and picked up an air compressor. I mostly wanted to get some practice before ordered the rv-7 empanage kit--I know I have a lot to learn. I suspect I'm going to find out just how deep the rabbit hole goes soon.

Thanks to Kevin down at KSQL for a ride in his 7A, really was my coup de grace. :)

Sounds great! Glad you dug it. I bet you'll really enjoy building the emp.

Schaweet! Empennage kit arrived today! I just popped open the box, realized that I didn't have time to go further, but I'm very excited to go out and inventory the boxes. Sure does look really well packed though.

I also air-tool-riveted my first rivets last night. Only thing i really learned was ... I have a _lot_ to learn about this! Mostly I'm just figuring out the basics like how best to hold the squeeze. I am really happy with my Husky Pro 60 gallon compressor, but not very happy with how long Home Depot and I spent together just to pick it up :-/ After nearly two months of my air compressor saga, at least I finally have air. All's well that ends well anyway!

I am setting up the obligatory website with pictures for all those who want to see yet another RV-7 take shape. Stay tuned

Congrats on getting started. Be careful when you cut the duck tape from the skins. When I cut the tape on mine, the skins popped out and almost hit me in the nose. :eek: