Ron

While measuring the fuselage width for the 42 5/32 dimension, I assume that is at station 56 13/16. (from dwg 39, 40) Well, mine seems to be wider by about 3/8 at that very point. I have enough width on the frame, just noticed most have to cut it down. Is this something to be concerned about, or is the plexi just going to conform to the correct width as I trim it.. Does that dimension (42 5/32) have to be maintained? Can the roll bar be move aft a little from the 56 station?
Thanks
Ron
9A Canopy

hmm

if i am corrcet you are saying fuse is 3/8 to narrow seems like alot. have you accounted for the bracket thickness?

i have built this roll bar twice and found after i trimmed for what i thought was a perfect fit, after assembly the roll bar was about 1/16 +- 1/32 to narrow.. it drew in some. on the second the dimension came up the same needed to trim a hair off 1/16 on each half..i didnt trim and after clamped i noticed it drew up some as before . so i didnt trim the second time.. now the two halve's just clecoed fit perfect no trim. we'll se if the actual riveting process changes things. .

fuse is wider by 3/8, ie my understanding is, width should be 42 5/32, mine is 42 1/2....if I don't cut the roll bar all will fit fine..just curious why most have to cut some off. Maybe my longerons weren't bent as tightly as they should have been..
tks
Ron

well

those that have trimmed have only trimmed off negligible amounts.1/8 total plust blade thickness. if you measured just aft of the canopy rails and that is the dimension then thats what you have to go with . the fuse will not squeeze together there due to the bulkhead anyway. mine were
42 and 3/16 +- 1/64 the roll bar was at least 1/8 wider before clamping and drilling for clecoes. now it prfect.. still have to rivet it...these parts are about 150$ total :eek: so it aint the end of the world :D
a good freind trimmed his and they were to narrow after assembly. so toss a coin and go for it. i vote no trim. i would wait until the height is set to drill the bolt access holes though. to late for me (again)but maybe not you.

Last edited: