13brv3

Well Known Member
Greetings,

I'm looking for a place to buy some one arm countersunk #8 platenuts. I guess the designation for these would be K2100-08. Spruce and Wicks don't list them, and I even called Spruce to verify that they don't have them.

Van's web store doesn't seem to list them either, but I have 3 in a drawer, and think they probably came in one of the kits.

Anyone know where I can buy more of these?

Thanks,
Rusty (soon, very soon)

briand said:

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately, I don't see any countersunk platenuts there either.

Here's exactly what I'm looking for: http://snipurl.com/zs9a

With enough effort, it might be possible for me to actually buy some of these through alcoafasteners, but it would be much nicer if I could just find a normal retailer who sells them. I still suspect that Van's might have them, if I only knew how to find them. If no one comes up with an easy solution to this while I'm off at work today, perhaps I'll call Van's tomorrow.

Thanks,
Rusty

Thanks Mike. Looks like you win the prize. Unfortunately, today's prize is simply my thanks :p I guess I didn't search Van's catalog well enough.

In a pinch, I have cut off one leg of a platenut, but it's not nearly as nice as having the real thing.

Fortunately, for me, my immediate problem has been solved. My RV buddy was out at his hanger today, and we found one of the correct platenuts in his bin. That's all I needed to finish my wing root fairings, so I'm good to go for now. I'll queue up these platenuts for the next time I have to place an order with Van's.

Thanks,
Rusty (wings being installed permanently by Saturday)

13brv3 said:
Greetings,

I'm looking for a place to buy some one arm countersunk #8 platenuts. I guess the designation for these would be K2100-08. Spruce and Wicks don't list them, and I even called Spruce to verify that they don't have them.

Van's web store doesn't seem to list them either, but I have 3 in a drawer, and think they probably came in one of the kits.

Anyone know where I can buy more of these?

Thanks,
Rusty (soon, very soon)

Rusty,
The first problem you have in locating the needed nutplates is that you are using Vans OBSOLETE part designation. The nutplates you need are MS21053-L08 If you would like them with the rivet holes dimpled (triple dimpled) you want MS21053-08K. These and many more are available from B&B Aircraft Supply in Gardener, Kansas (913)884-5930 or M&M Aerospace Hardware. M&M has 5 locations across the country. See

http://www.mmaero.com/us/index.cfm

M&M can supply even the hardest to locate stuff, like SS nutplates.
Charlie Kuss

Thanks for the info Charlie. I'll make a note of it for future reference.

BTW, have you got that plane flying yet?

Cheers,
Rusty

13brv3 said:
Thanks for the info Charlie. I'll make a note of it for future reference.

BTW, have you got that plane flying yet?

Cheers,
Rusty

Rusty,
I have a cash insufficiency. Right now I'm on chapter 4 of BANK ROBBERY FOR DUMMIES! :D

Charlie