butch

Well Known Member
We are currently in Northern AR fueling up and I noticed that the fuel pump is not kicking in, went to auto store and picked up a electric fuel pump (only one they had). I now need an alum fuel line and flairing tool to get this pump to fit. Or, the existing pump that I have is a round pump that was issued from Vans 16+ yrs ago and if someone has this type of pump in the Memphis/Louisianna area I would be willing to purchase it. I plan to leave the Pocahantas airport in AR now (3:00 pm) and will be flying to West Memphis area next. Any RVs in this area that could help me out, please call me at 612-759-9194 or reply to this post, I will check it when I get on the ground.
Thanks in advance, Butch

Perhaps there would be some utility for assembling a list of persons, along with phone numbers, willing to assist others in similar situations. I would certainly volunteer my assistance and tools for anyone flying through the Saline County Airport located just south of Little Rock, Arkansas. It is a beautiful new airport that some might want to use during a cross-country excursion.

I remember flying into a small airport in Kentucky once and felt really helpless when I had a minor problem. It would be nice to plan cross-country stops where assistance might be available if needed.

Butch, what did you do to fix the problem? Curiosity abounds in this group! Did you find a bolt in pump?

White pages..

.......I remember flying into a small airport in Kentucky once and felt really helpless when I had a minor problem. It would be nice to plan cross-country stops where assistance might be available if needed.

.......are a good place to start. The white pages are on the left of VAF home page. All of us building and flying should list there IMO.

Regards,

fuel pump fix

It appeared that the fuel pump had stuck (probably my fault, left the boost pump on too long during the first leg of the trip).

My RV4 has a round bodied unit for a fuel pump, 6-8" long. On the bottom of the fuel pump it has a half turned cam that allows you to open it up and the internal guts other than the electrical components are exposed. I pulled the filter screen out, pulled the check valves out and cycled the inner shaft and test ran the pump off the rental car battery. Appears to be working good now. Thanks for all the replies. It is good to know that there is such good support out there!

Butch