teookie

I get a big kick out of the fact that I see lots of motorcycles and RC airplanes in the same garages and hangars that I see RV's being built in. Since I have a motorcycle and several RC planes, it makes me feel like I'm on the right track to one day have an RV. :) It's also comforting to know that I'm not the only one w/ the multiple hobby affliction.

You are right on track

First, add your name to your signature block. We are all friends here.

I think you'll find a very large crossover between RC and RV's (actually any Experimental). There are many prominent RC folks on this list. To name a couple, Ivan Kristensen, RV10 builder. He is a long time Futaba flier and one of the premier Pattern and IMAC competitors in the World. Jason Krause (my business partner in www.JDair.com), is one of the best RC helicopter pilots in the World. He also designed the TRex series of helicopters for Align. He's an RV6A owner.

I don't know the exact numbers but there is a huge membership crossover between EAA and the AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics, www.modelaircraft.org).

For me, the model building experience made plans reading, fabrication and fiberglass work much easier. I think you'll find the same. Plus, you need a diversion from the RV building.

Also, have the motorcycle, Honda 1300 VXT.

I race motocross on a yz250f, have a street bike a 2004 FZ6, AND I have a great planes .40 piper cub kit that is at the stage of needing the engine and computer gadgets.
I have a hard time doing just one sport or hobby, I'm all over the place. But, Aviation has always been a close tie with my racing.

Ditto

I also enjoy the combo. I usually carry a 250cc motorcycle in the pod and a pair of 3D electric models on the back seat. What else does a guy need?

IMG_4742m.jpg

I don't know the exact numbers but there is a huge membership crossover between EAA and the AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics, www.modelaircraft.org).

I am members of both EAA and AMA. See what I mean? This has got to be a step or two beyond irony.

I usually carry a 250cc motorcycle in the pod and a pair of 3D electric models on the back seat. What else does a guy need?
Now that's livin right there!!