miyu1975

Well Known Member
To whom has installed a 10" Skyview..I'd be curious to see what you did with sub panel structure, that connects to the panel. I am assuming that it will be in the way and some cutting and repositioning is involved. How deep is the skyview?

dynon

If you go to dynon site and download and print their installation manual its all spelled out really nicely. Even templates for the cut out sizes, weights and depths are all there.

Ryan,
I've been helping a friend convert his Blue Mountain RV8 to 10 inch Skyview.
Panel depth is not an issue at all.
Regards,

Here ya go. Looks like they don't take much room at all

From the Dynon Skyview install guide

Displays require about 2.4? of free space behind the panel, depending on mounting surface thickness.

I speaking more to the attached structure to the panel...It will be in the way unless cut and moved...RV7..(stole these pics from Mike Bullock's site)

showthumb.php

showthumb.php

So attach the blank panel. Build a couple new ribs that attached the panel to the sub-panel. THEN cut off the ribs that are in the way. DO NOT cut off the old ribs until you have new ones positioned.

I guess it depends . . . .

. . . . on whether it is a slider or not. I have done the layout for mine (slider), and there is no interference with anything. This is with the 10" Skyview centered in front of the pilot (centered on the stick).

I dont know about a tip-up, however here is my slider setup. On a stock blank panel.

p2272032.jpg

p2272031.jpg

Follow my sig for more pictures.

Last edited: