jacksel

Well Known Member
Does anyone know where you can find new/used/overhauled LASAR magnetos? I just had one go out so I need a 4771. Tried Spruce/Champion/Skygeek, so far no luck? I have the ilder LC-1001-04 controller. Thanks.

Aero Sport Power in Kamloops BC will overhaul, 500 hour... on the Lazar mags. Did mine a year ago and were quick and fair priced!
Tel 1 250 376-2955

It's actually Progressive Air that does the LASAR mags. They are somehow part of AeroSport, but at a different location. They just did my mags a couple of weeks ago. You can contact AeroSport and they will put in touch with the right person. I don't know if they have any used units to sell, but it won't hurt (much) to ask.

Does anyone know where you can find new/used/overhauled LASAR magnetos? I just had one go out so I need a 4771. Tried Spruce/Champion/Skygeek, so far no luck? I have the ilder LC-1001-04 controller. Thanks.

I never heard of this outfit but their website shows they have a 4771 mag in stock.

AeroSport Power / Progressive Air Kamloops BC has serviced LASAR and had parts in the past.

I have a friend with a Lasar system that was working when removed. I'm pretty sure it is a 4771 with the associated electronics. I'm sure he will sell. PM me.

Thank you for all the replies. After much investigation I think I'm going to switch over to the system I installed in my RV-7. Impulse mag for the bottom and LSE plasma 3 for the top. If anyone's interested in a working UNISOM LASAR system (2004), except left mag, including timing light, I'm probably going to put it up for sale.