Doug Lewis

Well Known Member
I'm going to look at used Avery RV tool kit tomorrow and was curious if there's anything in particular I should look for. The original receipt is dated 2002, but I know they've had little use during that time. The seller has commented on surface rust showing on some items from sitting. The set is complete with everything that was on the 2 1/2 page invoice. Do I need to worry about inner components of the air tools? The price is about 1/2 current value.

I'm going to look at used Avery RV tool kit tomorrow and was curious if there's anything in particular I should look for. The original receipt is dated 2002, but I know they've had little use during that time. The seller has commented on surface rust showing on some items from sitting. The set is complete with everything that was on the 2 1/2 page invoice. Do I need to worry about inner components of the air tools? The price is about 1/2 current value.

1/2 price is a steal... buy it now. :) I have tools dating back to 1990 or so, they are some of my best!

Air tools

The inner condition of the air tools is going to depend on how they were used and later stored. If the owner used his oil properly, than a little more oil and run them thru and everything should be fine. But I agree, a lightly used set of tools for half the price of new? Take them and run!

My rivet gun/drill/compressor were purchased new in November 2002, and I'm almost done with them:D The drill and rivet gun have been oiled twice over the last 7+ years and still work like new.

The compressor still has the original oil, and works like new.

Sounds like you got a great deal.