Ok.. I have to apologize for asking and old question here, but since I am just now looking at an elect ign for my O-360 with a FP prop for my -4... I want to ask for a few opinions..

I am looking at getting a P-mag, but I honestly don't know much about other systems. When I looked at the P-mag site, they had a graph that showed their product out performing the competition. Pretty standard propaganda/marketing.. Is there anyone out there with experience in multiple systems.. or regrets about the system they have???

The P-mag is running about $1400-1450 with the package.. Is that the average for an ignition sys?

G3Ignition

I really like my G3ignition system. It uses both of your mags. If the electronic ignition system fails, the engine continues to operate on your mags. Check the G3i web site.

Pmags for me

I never did get whether the G3 system advanced/retarded timing or not?

But either way the Pmags have been very reliable after some early failures. The great thing is the timing is advanced depending on both RPM and manifold pressure.

The Pmag is also internally backed up with its own internal alternator in the event of electrical failure and can run auto plugs.

Highly recommended.

I've installed LSE Plasma ignitions on 3 planes (about 4,000 hours aggregate flight time) with good success, but always kept one mag. I like the lack of any mechanical apparatus on the LSE, but hedge my bet with a magneto :D

If you decide to go with LSE, I strongly suggest you avoid the Hall Effect Module trigger and use one of Klaus' direct crank triggers with a slight preference for the Mini trigger.

don't forget protek

Check out flyefii.com I and others here have had excellent experience with the unit and with the support