chepburn

Well Known Member
Hi ...Instead of guessing, which T712 attach Z bracket is positioned and drilled last? (as per plan instructions) The inboard or the outboard? I am assuming inboard right now, but want to be sure.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Hepburn
RV8 Wings

Don't know about this particular instance, but typically parts are numbered front to back and inboard to outboard.

chepburn said:
Hi ...Instead of guessing, which T712 attach Z bracket is positioned and drilled last? (as per plan instructions) The inboard or the outboard? I am assuming inboard right now, but want to be sure.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Hepburn
RV8 Wings

If you want a nice even and easy to do fit between your tank skin and leading edge skin, I would follow the Dan C. method of drilling these brackets. www.rvproject.com

His method ensures a nice tight fit and prevents problems with trying to get the pop rivet puller on the pop rivets during the baffle install.

Thanks.. Good thing I posted before I drilled!

Brantel said:
If you want a nice even and easy to do fit between your tank skin and leading edge skin, I would follow the Dan C. method of drilling these brackets. www.rvproject.com

His method ensures a nice tight fit and prevents problems with trying to get the pop rivet puller on the pop rivets during the baffle install.

Thanks for the pointer... Dan C's method looks like a good way to go. You saved me from some future grief!

Chris Hepburn
RV8 Wings