my kind of fun

That was fun to watch. My wife is wondering why it is fun to watch. I don't really know what to tell her.

Yeah, This should work great on SB 16-03-28. Never mind that this machine is bigger then 3 RV's put together.::rolleyes:

How often do they have to drill out and redo?

I want to see THAT video.

A manly riveter!

How often do they have to drill out and redo?

I want to see THAT video.

I will use the word "manly" before it becomes illegal. It looks like every 100 years? 1880 manufacture date on that riveter, must have been steam powered.

A pressure tank guy came to look at our community hydro tank. He said he still refurbishes interiors of working tanks that were riveted together and they are more than 60 years old, but he just cleans and coats the insides, not riveting!

Couldn't find the AN designator for that rivet...

Shipbuilders used to drive and buck this size with hand held tools, with one inside and one outside the ship,....
They used a furnace on the ground, and tossed the rivets to a "catcher",.. They were then placed in the hole and set....

I don't think they would call our rivets girly,...
... Probably toy or kid size

Aside, My guess is OSHA would not like that approach these days

Amazing, and a bunch of funny people on VAF.
If you have a fascination with old machines and tools make the trip to the rail museum in Ely Nevada. You can see some serious man sized machines like lathes large enough to machine a locomotive wheel. Not sure if they have an Allen Portable Pnuematic Riveter, but they just might. They maintain several running steam engines. They where "rebricking" a fire box last time I was there.
Cool stuff.