jimpappas

Well Known Member
To all of you who have sent me all the prayers and good wishes as a thank you I am planning on attending OSH maybe Thursday/Friday wearing a special VAF T with my number #13 emblazoned on it for easy ID.

I was also approved to put a message on it like -

"I kicked cancers A**, want a piece?"

"I beat cancer, thanks for all the help"

"I beat cancer, time for another RV!" (since I sold mine when I got it)

Problem is I have only today and tomorrow at best to make the T and be ready in time.

I would welcome suggestions and if you attend and see me say hi because I'd like to say thank you.

Thanks to the Avery's who gave me the T's and hat and to Doug for allowing me to do this if I can get well enough to be there.

To all the folks that have followed the ups and downs and sent me the emails and messages they have been keeping me going more than you can ever know.

Thanks again to all.

Jim

Glad you are feelin better. Carol & I will be in Averys tool booth. Come by and see us

Last edited:
My phrases have always been "keep going" and "Walking and talking - keep walking and talking".

Best shirt I've seen (but which I do not recommend for you :)) was worn by friend who had beaten breast cancer: "Yes, these are fake, but my real ones tried to kill me."

Glad you're in remission. Keep going (and don't skip your check-ups).

TODR

thanks all

I plan to enjoy it and Jay and the rest of you I will take you all up on it.

It just seems to beg for something to be said.

HELP!

Well, tomorrows about it to put something on the T shirt and I still don't know what to say.

Based on what I'm hearing maybe it should be "I beat cancer, what's a little rain?"

I know I will put the #13 by the VAF logo on front but I still think I need to say something about beating the cancer and thanking everyone,or motivate someone else.

You guys have done that for me, I want to give it back.

I'm trying hard to recover enough to make it, yesterday I barely got out of the house, other days I go pretty much all day. I'm almost there.

I will be stopping at Avery's for sure to rest and visit but I want to send a message if I can. Heck I'd even consider one of those scooter things if I had to just to go.

If I can't put anything on the shirt I'll just be grateful to be there, that I got a hotel in OSH at the last minute, even if it was very pricey but after cancer I have to go if I can. It's one night so I'll be there Thursday/Friday.

I'll visit Vans booth for sure but still not sure I'll ever get my medical back due to all the issues and meds and life issues but I can still dream.

If not I know from the emails I have lots of friends that will give me a ride, especially if I'm paying for gas:)

Hope to see as many of you as possible at OSH.

Thanks all