AX-O

Well Known Member
My RV-8 wings will be here today. Well the parts to build the wings. can't wait :D

Just like Christmas in June!

I've enjoyed working on the wings even more so than the earlier stuff. I think because I have a better understanding of the entire process. Even the ribs were not to bad to flute and debur.

Have fun!

This is my favorite picture of inventorying the fuselage. Check out the pile of packing paper behind my wife. We weren't even finished inventorying that sarcophagus of a packing crate.

Xmas is here!!!!!!!!!!

That is a lot of parts, who's idea was it to build an airplane? Here are some of the parts. sad thing is that tomorrow I have to build a gate for the dogs and will not be able to work on the plane at all. :(

FP23062006A0004A.jpg

FP23062006A00049.jpg

AX-O said:
That is a lot of parts, who's idea was it to build an airplane? Here are some of the parts. sad thing is that tomorrow I have to build a gate for the dogs and will not be able to work on the plane at all. :(

FP23062006A0004A.jpg

FP23062006A00049.jpg

Has your neighbor walked in yet and asked: "You're going to build that thing yourself?... and FLY IT?"

Highflight said:
Has your neighbor walked in yet and asked: "You're going to build that thing yourself?... and FLY IT?"

Not yet, but a flight attendant asked me "what areyou looking at, it looks complicated" during my last flight. I told her that it was the plans for an aircraft that I was building. After I explained to her that it was a real aircraft and not remote control, she asked me if I was going to fly it. I politely told her that I was going to spend at least 5 years of my life and hopefully no more than 100K on it and after it was done I was going to donate it to a museum. Only crazy people fly aircraft that they build. I like being in the 99 percentile of people that like flying in airplanes that someone else builts. That way I don't have to worry about the mistakes I made, I just worry about the mistakes someone else makes :D