RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
I am trying to confirm the temperature readings on my 200 HP lyc. I think that the oil temp probe reads temp of the oil coming out of the cooler, therefore when the engine is operating at normal temp, with the vernatherm closed and oil flowing thru the cooler, I'm reading that temperature and not the oil temp going into the cooler.

Is this correct.

thx

Last edited:
Checked

Mannan

I put a new oil filter adapter on when I put the new vernartherm in just to make sure.

New vernartherm, new high effiency cooler from Pacific coolers, new hoses, checked sending unit, new baffle seals, new sceet tubing to smooth air flow and crossed fingers and toes. All to no avail.

Just ordered a 13 row cooler and 4 inch tubing and mounts.

If the new bigger cooler doesn't work I'm gong to make it a glider, or an anchor!

Anybody have the answer to the question in OP.

Last edited:
I am trying to confirm the temperature readings on my 200 HP lyc. I think that the oil temp probe reads temp of the oil coming out of the cooler, therefore when the engine is operating at normal temp, with the vernatherm closed and oil flowing thru the cooler, I'm reading that temperature and not the oil temp going into the cooler.

Is this correct.

thx

Yes. The oil temp probe reads the temperature of the oil going into the engine, whether or not the cooler or oil filter are being bypassed.