LifeofReiley

Well Known Member
Looking for real numbers actually recorded for oil pressures for O-320 engines (NEW or FAC REMAN) on take off for pressure and going into normal operating pressure. Also, if you're running a capped spring head, what spring # are you going with?

On takeoff, with the temp needle touching the yellow (100F), the oil pressure on my field reman (by me) 0-320 is right at 100 PSI. In cruise, with the oil at ~160-180F, the pressure is 80-85 PSI. In warmer weather, my oil temps in cruise are ~200F, giving oil pressure of 75 PSI.

Back when I was fighting oil temp problems and saw 220-225F oil temps, the pressure would decrease to ~65-70 PSI in cruise.

Hope these data points help. In reality, I've been considering pulling one more washer out of my pressure relief valve - my pressures are a little high, probably robbing me of a little power and magnifying any oil leaks.

Thanks Kyle... I'm seeing 92 PSI in your first scenerio, 82-85 PSI in the second. I'm told everything is in spec, just wanted some other #'s to roll by. :) We built a tight engine to boot. Also, oil temps are at 182 WOT>

Last edited:
I idle at about 50-52, taxi 55, take off 83-85, cruise 73-75.

75 was my "aiming point" for cruse pressure. I have a NEW ECI and new adjustable style regulator. No washers or alternate springs.