pmshep

:confused:I have occationally experienced sporadic oil pressure readings on my Dynon.
Symptons are unsteady needle, jumping around substantially, sometimes variable enough to set off the low oil pressure alarm. I am unable to determine
if the problem is the Honeywell sensor (Rotax PN.956413) or possibly the oil pressure spring (PN.838122) refered to in SB912-057UL.
I e-mailed a request for direction on this last week to Van's but have received no reply. Any input is appreciated.
Paul Shepard 120007
[email protected]

This seems to be "normal" for the time being. I talked to Dynon about it and they wanted me to run a new dedicated ground from the battery to the OP sending unit, but it did no good. I have not called them back with the results. Call Dynon and see if they can trouble shoot it further.

Could you have air in the oil pressure line?

I doubt it. The lifters are hydrolic, I think you would know it. Every -12 has this "sysmptom" right now. The voltage is jumping all over the place also, so there is some electrical issue somewhere. It's a common complaint.

I doubt it. The lifters are hydrolic, I think you would know it. Every -12 has this "sysmptom" right now. The voltage is jumping all over the place also, so there is some electrical issue somewhere. It's a common complaint.

My mistake, I was thinking Lycoming.