Robert M

Well Known Member
Hi gang!

I have the Van's Oil Pressure Switch for light and Hobbs. Can I use the same signal being sent to the oil pressure transducer on the firewall manifold to activate/deactivate the oil pressure switch?

Here's the plan - there is a braided hose with a special fitting on the accessory case end that goes from the accessory case to the firewall manifold. I have the oil pressure transducer on the manifold at that same location. I would like to attach, (with assorted plumbing and fittings), the pressure switch to that same section of the manifold and have both receive the signal from the same hose. Doable?

See pictures....

The transducer with a plug in the extra hole.

The switch in question also with 1/4 NPT

...... and what do the letters on the end mean "NC", "NO", "C". I sure wish Van's had included an instruction sheet with the part itself.

Yes you can do that with an aluminum jumper line across the other manifold ports. NC, NO, C means normally closed, normally open, and common.

LIke aerhed said ...

nq1myp.jpg

Yes you can do that with an aluminum jumper line across the other manifold ports. NC, NO, C means normally closed, normally open, and common.

Thanks, um, so how do I connect this to the Hobbs and low pressure light?

Great picture. I was thinking about using the fuel pressure hose, that I got with the FWF kit, as the jumper but aluminum tubing will work great and I can save the FP hose for the Dynon when I get it.

Thanks to both of youz guyz.

Simple Wire Explination for Hobbs Meter and Oil Pressure Light

I might add that wiring is simple. The Hobbs hour meter is connected to the Normal Open or NO connection and the oil annunciation light is connected to the Normally Closed or NC connection. And of course the Common is a grouond. At engine start-up when the oil pressure exceeds 15 psi the conditions change. The Hobbs meter is now active and the annunciator light is now Off. You have to add +12v power, properly fused, to the Hobbs hour meter lead and Annunicator light. Anyway that the set up I have in my RV-10 and its been flying for over 200 hours.

Conrad