Mark L

I have a oil pressure sender which is composed of a asbestos split washer, brass collar which threads into the engine (this with the washer is tightened 135-degrees after contact or finger tight), and the actual brass sender; however, I do not know how much torque I should use for the brass sender unit that threads into the brass collar (already place in the engine case). I purchased this sender from Advanced Flight Systems but I'm sure it is common. Anybody know this sender and the torque? Im not sure I have a chart for brass.

Get a hose and place it between the engine and the sender. Do not screw the sender into the engine, just ask........... oh wait you can't ask him.... he got killed when his engine quit due to the sender breaking off; pumping all the oil overboard; causing a fire, zero oil pressure, and dynamic engine disassembly.

Certainly someone will chime in within the next 10 minutes saying they screwed it in without a hose and it hasn't broken off........ yet.

Get a hose and it won't break off.

From the description, it sounds like Mark is talking about the oil Temperture probe???

Get a hose and place it between the engine and the sender. Do not screw the sender into the engine, just ask........... oh wait you can't ask him.... he got killed when his engine quit due to the sender breaking off; pumping all the oil overboard; causing a fire, zero oil pressure, and dynamic engine disassembly.

Certainly someone will chime in within the next 10 minutes saying they screwed it in without a hose and it hasn't broken off........ yet.

Get a hose and it won't break off.

Where do you guys get this stuff??? There are engines that have big heavy VDO senders attached directly that don't fail. Jabiru is one engine that comes to mind with the oil pressure sender directly attached.