Cipher

oil.jpg
I have a gently used RV that I recently purchased and need to identify the brand of gauges. They look like they came out of a Cessna 150 - there are no markings on the back that I could see that gave the manufacturer. Thanks for your help.
Fuel, Oil Temp, and Oil Pressure. Let's see if you can see something wrong here.... This reminds me of my J3 Cub Instructor... Oil Pressure? Yep - we've got some.

Last edited:
Hmmm

Reminds me of a telephone conversation I heard my history teacher having at school once.

He says 'You will have to put it in a box'

Pause while he listens.

Then he replies 'Oh this big by this big' moving his hands to show the size of box.

Pause while he listens.

Replies ' Oh Ive been rather stupid haven't I, sorry 8 by 4 by 6!!

Well it cracked me up at the time and still makes me smile when I think about it now almost 40 years later!!

These would almost certainly all be manufactured by Stewart Warner. 70's ish. Should be written on very bottom of dial face, along with a dial #.
The Fuel Gage would be compatable with the new SW resistance senders that Vans sell.
Fuel Qty E 240 ohm to F 30 ohm.
Oil Temp 75 deg 660 ohm to 240 deg 32 ohm.
Resistance figs are approximate (from memory) and are from the Cessna 1210 spec. Piper also used these for a while before the Rochester Gages.
And I,m Guessing that is a direct reading (not electric) Oil Press Ind. which looks to be over reading. Pointer looks to far from dial and has left that mark.
An inline restrictor may help if it has been fluctuating.
Hope this is usefull.
Paul.

Last edited: