rebelflier

Today I had my low oil pressure dummy light come on, I looked at the gage and the pressure was fine. So I figured it was a bad sending unit for the dummy light. I landed and removed the dummy light sending unit and attached a cheap SunPro mechanical gage to make sure there were no problems with the oil pressure. I have always had high oil pressure at start up. I have to wait until temp is above 100 deg to do a run up with out going above red line on the pressure. After takeoff and oil temp is above 180 deg the pressure drops to the low to mid 60's in cruise. With the temporary mechanical gage installed I noticed it is more responsive than the Van's electrical gage. When I pull the power back for landing I notice the pressure Jumps UP to the mid 80's. As soon as you bring the power back up above 1400 RPM's it immediately DROPS back to the low 60's. The Van's gage is slower but it changes too. I just noticed it is a sudden change with the mechanical gage at 1400 RPM's. I have searched the net and found other people with the same symptoms but with no solutions. My Oil Analysis has always been good. The oil pump AD has been complied with. This is a low time O320E2C (234 hrs.) with a fixed pitch prop. Any Ideas out there? Should I be worried?