Shadetree

Well Known Member
I bought a EZ Heat pan heater for the 0-360 and due to the brackets it will not fit well.
What other options have you used? I thought about looking at NAPA or another parts store.
Thanks

my experience......so-so

lots of guys on here will comment on their methods.

I searched far and wide, found that your idea is good...NAPA typically has Kat's pad heaters, decent price and wide variety of sizes and wattage. I tried some of the heavy truck & equipment places too, wolverine may have been the other brand..

http://www.fivestarmanufacturing.com/kat_s

https://www.wolverineheater.com/Articles.asp?ID=259

I only found one spot on the forward right side that I could glue the thing on without bridging an oil plug casting or some other darn thing! ..and try to get ALL the oil off that rough casting.....so the thing will stick!!!

I am parked outside, so needed the most watts per square inch I could find.
I also slapped a little pad onto a piece of aluminum, then sandwiched it against the side of my battery; figured that would give me a little more crank.

only tried it once, in a hangar of all things. It did warm up the sump in a few hours, and the engine started easily, no doubt getting better lubrication than a cold start.

My IO-360-M1B forward injector sump has a blank boss for vertical induction ( why? :rolleyes:) so fitting the EZ- Heat model EZ-441 specified was a little bit of a trick to find a good spot.

Did you try behind the boss, crossways? Thats where mine wound up. Works fine.

My IO-360-M1B forward injector sump has a blank boss for vertical induction ( why? :rolleyes:) so fitting the EZ- Heat model EZ-441 specified was a little bit of a trick to find a good spot.

I did a cut out on paper of the pad and it just won't work without taking the chance of not sealing around the edges.

Bill, I am working on fitting the Reiff pads to my YIO360 M1B. It seems there are two places on the back face of the sump to mount these small strips. I believe the locations have oil on the other side of the aluminum. It does bring a question - how do we know where the oil is?

Thanks

I went to the EZ Heat website and downloaded the templates and it looks like the 440A will work if Chief Aircraft will let me exchange the 441A.
Thanks for the input.

Hi Bill,
Good question. I made assumption that any place on the bottom surface of the sump was acceptable. As you ask, I'm not sure how to "know" without seeing the insides of an M1B sump.