Vlad

Well Known Member
Have a question. I am sure it's either very minor or not important but anyway. I noticed a drop of fresh oil from under stud nuts. Between push tubes on cylinders two and four. The rest all are dry. What would have caused that? Not proper torque of the nut? Some leftover oil they use during assembly? Take a look

Cyl #2

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Cyl #4

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

The engine is brand new XO-320. I love it.

Clean up the nuts really well and then re-check in 5 or 10 hours or at the next oil change. The engine is new so I would put some time on it before I got to excited about a drop of oil. I have seen a lot of and installed a lot of new motors. It could be some oil from assembly, but that sounds a little odd to me. I tell pilots and owners with a new engine is to go through the entire break in procedure before analyzing the motor. Let all the parts heat and contract a couple of times. I have had new engines leak oil and once it got ten or so hours on them, they seemed to seal up and run with no further issue. They would only produce a drop here or a drop there. Just keep an eye on your oil consumption. Or if the leak gets bigger then I would start looking a little deeper.

Enjoy your new engine. I have read that the new lycomings are really good performers.