Mike Ice

Well Known Member
Hello,

There seems to be an oil leak at the fitting where the line comes from the engine and goes to the pressure sending unit.

Does anyone know of an easy way to get at this fitting? On the Lycoming I have the fitting is right under the upper right engine mount. It appears that I will have to loosen or remove the upper engine mounts to be able to get to this fitting.

Is there another place on a Lycoming O-320 E3D where oil pressure can be obtained? I think if I can remove this fitting I will plug that hole and move the oil line to another location.

Mike Ice

You may have to remove the engine.

On the O-360 the lord mount has to be removed to access this fitting. I think it the same for the 320.

On the newere 360's there is another port to the left of the mount looking from the rear of the case. I have also seen oil pressure taken from the ports on the front of the engine at the top of the case but I have never done this.

you can get

oil pressure from the right front of the engine oil gallery. Keep in mind that there will be about a 10 psi difference in your reading. So if you are currently reading 72 psi at the rear accessory case port, then you'll probably see about 62-63 from the gallery up front.

Allen