kentb

Well Known Member
I have found a small amount of oil leaking from around the oil return line from the head on three of the four lines. It looks like it is the blue fitting that goes into the head. I will be checking the other fitting (the one on the pipe) tonight, but if I need to tighten the one on the head, how do I do that?

I would guess that I will not be able to rotate it 360 degrees. Do I remove it and used some kind of sealing compound with it?

Kent

It's possible that the AN 823-6D (blue fitting) can indeed be turned 360 degrees. However, check and see if the flare on the end of the turbe has been damaged by overtightneing of the nut first. If this is not the case, and tightening of the fitting is required, use gray anti-seize. Work the fitting in a couple of turns and then back out a turn, back and forth until the fitting is secure. Works for me.....

Allen

It took me four iterations of working the very same oil return line (I thought it was the rubber line that connects to the sump), but I FINALLY found a very small crack in the bend.... Here's my temporary "It's o-dark thirty and I have to fly in the morning" fix :) Rosie

Lycoming_oil_return_line_fix.jpg