SuperCubDriver

Well Known Member
I?m trying to specify the oil hoses for the Raven inverted oil system. The routing should be as short and sweeping as possible.

The cleanest installation on my setup would be a 90 deg fitting on the oil valve for the oil supply from the engine (lowest port). I know it will work but would prefer straight fittings.

So I?m askiing what have others experienced with 90 deg fittings. Does it take longer to build oil pressure, may be in the cold? The oil sump is full during startup but should be feeded through these lines. For the experts: How well is warm engine oil flowing and where might be a limit with fittings and hose lengths?

Hose

A 90 degree hose end fitting has a smoother radius and theoretically should flow better than a 90 degree AN elbow. The elbows are quite rough inside.

Agreed - Straight fitting

Herman,

Tom made that hose for me, but you hopefully have a local source. I agree that in keeping with the Raven (and Christen, too) advice, the straighter the hose sweep and entry into the valve, the better. Unless you have to, I would not use a 90 degree fitting to the valve on that hose. I have straight fittings on all three ports of the valve.

Best regards,

Merrill