N208ET

Well Known Member
I am putting in manual oil and fuel pressure gauges in my 8A, question is, where do I run the lines to get to the engine. I haven't yet bought my firewall forward kit so I don't have plans, if they tell you this. I would like to run them down the port side of the fuse, since my wiring is down the starboard. Thanks

If I am reading you correctly, you intend to run tubing, with oil and fuel under pressure , inside the fuse???

Not a good idea.

But then I think like a fireman.

Vans sells a really neat manifold for mounting electric pressure senders, goes on the firewall, and you hood engine to it with short hoses. That way, only electrical wires go inside cockpit.

going with electric

my original thought was to use the manual gauges and a cable driven tach. With the forward baggage compartment, this just isn't logical, I will have to do some rethinking. Thanks for the input.

randy

The Firewall Fwd. kit will include flexible aircraft quality hoses that run from the engine to a "manifold" unit mounted on the firewall. On the manifold there are three ports for each hose. Usually the hose goes in one port, the electronic sender in another with the last port blanked off. For oil pressure, I have an electric sender for the engine monitor and a backup mechanical oil pressure gauge which has an AN fitting screwed into the third port and a 1/8" copper tube connected to the gauge. I stand to be corrected, but I see no safety problem running this copper oil pressure line in the cockpit. It is well secured and well away from the vibrating engine. However I would have to think hard if I really wanted an extra pressurized fuel line in the cockpit :confused:

Fin
9A