Gagarin737

Well Known Member
Gentlemen, I have a question: I'm gonna install a thermostat.
Are the fittings of the oil lines reusable (like the ones in the picture)? If not I want to order with aircraft spruce but can't find the correct ones on their site. Anyone better understanding the sizes etc?

Thanks in advance for your help, Joeri.

(Picture stolen from Tony's site)
z0d3.jpg

Joeri--Those hose ends are crimped to the teflon hose and are NOT reusable if you remove them. There are 'reusable' 90*'s for teflon, but they are costly!
Tom

Thanks Tom.
When I look at Aircraftspruce I can only find the Phenix fittings. Is the nut one size? (I'm raised metric, hard to figure out the AN stuff etc)

04-02132.jpg

You can use SEARCH above to find what I did - -

type in "oil thermostat 912S" - (Show threads). Entire thread discusses it. Hope it helps. I am totally satisfied with the THERMOSTASIS brand thermostat. The automotive style will NOT give equal results.

Gentlemen, I have a question: I'm gonna install a thermostat.
Are the fittings of the oil lines reusable (like the ones in the picture)? If not I want to order with aircraft spruce but can't find the correct ones on their site. Anyone better understanding the sizes etc?

Send me a PM with your e-mail and will send a paper with all of the needed parts and a link to photos detailing the installation.

Joeri---that hose end is for push lock style hose--note the raised barbs. I dont recommend it for flight-------

Send me a PM with your e-mail and will send a paper with all of the needed parts and a link to photos detailing the installation.

Hi Marty,

I received the info last week from you with all the needed components.
I already installed the "Bender Baffle". Problem with ordering from the USA is the customs and transportation costs. For me it is easier to buy all from one supplier.

type in "oil thermostat 912S" - (Show threads). Entire thread discusses it. Hope it helps. I am totally satisfied with the THERMOSTASIS brand thermostat. The automotive style will NOT give equal results.

I also go for the Thermostatis thermostat.