If you have the angle filter adapter, so the filter is sitting at an 11 o'clock position (not quite upright, but close), then you use 48108.

if you have the standard filter that lays horizontal (and points into the firewall recess) then you need the 40110.

48110-1 actually

They no longer make the 48110. the -1 is a bit shorter and replaced the standard product. This might be important if you do not have the firewall recess as there are still some NOS 48110's running around out there.

KNN HP-1002

This KNN filter was designed for use in aircraft and has safety wire ability but never certified. Works fine on my Lycoming Auto supply stores carry this

They no longer make the 48110. the -1 is a bit shorter and replaced the standard product. This might be important if you do not have the firewall recess as there are still some NOS 48110's running around out there.

Or the AA48110... available almost everywhere and a darn good filter.

They no longer make the 48110. the -1 is a bit shorter and replaced the standard product.

I just looked on Spruce and now they're showing the part as AA48110-2 . Any idea what's different about the -2?

If you use a filter that doesn't have safety-wire capability, you can safety it by installing a standard hose clamp and safety-wiring to that.
That's what we do on Rotax and Jabiru filters.

Last edited:
Thanks Mel, but I'm confused about the context ofyour comment. Is this in response to my question about what is different between the AA48110-1 and the AA48110-2?

Ok, well I answered my own question. In case it's of interest to anyone else, the "dash-2" filters are even shorter versions than the "dash-1" (which were shorter than the standard AA48110).