trib

Well Known Member
Someone had a post a few months ago that had found a great deal on oil filter. I think they were Tempest and were purchased by the dozen at significantly reduced cost. I searched and could not find the previous post. Anyone recall the website and particulars?

Tim,

That was my buddy Guccidude and the link is here:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=56292

These are not Tempest, but apparently the same manufacturer. I just put one on my airplane yesterday!. I don't think they are still available at the same price, but I paid under $10 each for several recently. Search on:

K&N HP1002 oil filter

and you should find some for about $10 each.

greg

filter this!

Okay, so judging by all the autos it fits, it's just a ford full-size filter, right?
If you really want to cheap out, its the same $3 ford filter I've bought for all my Toyotas for the last 20 years etc etc.

......that said, I like K&N, and use their air filters on everything I own, definitely worth $10 to protect our Lyco's oil as well.
( funny how it has the little wrench boss on the top, exactly like an aircraft filter eh?)

yep

Thanks Greg,

That was the one. Ordered 6 filters for $8.67 each, free shipping. Beats the $15 from the local store.