swisseagle

Well Known Member
Hello,

I have an TMX-IO-320 and the long (+2") engine mount for the RV-7A.

The motor has as is standart by Mattituck a 90? Oilfilter mount. Now this mount brings the top of the oilfilter as close as 1/8" to the engine mount.

Oilfilter clearence.jpg

I can exchange the filter ... ok it need a small amount of force and I need to wiggle the filter a bit until it is engaged. But then I can screw it on. The thread does not get damaged, i checked this.

But is it enough clearence to start/stop the engine without banging the filter onto the engine mount?

The filter is relatively close to the rubber donuts, so there will be not much of movement, but is it enough clearence?

Or should I replace the 90? oilfilter adapter with an straight on, if something like a straight one this exists?

Thanks alot and kind regards,

Dominik

That filter adapter really is not needed. Especially with the 2" extended mount. See if you can exchange it for a stock straight out filter mount. Just keep that area clear.

It looks too close to me. I was adjusting the idle on my engine couple days ago and shaking was very violent below 450 rpm. My spotter said engine shook torsionally at least 1 ".