N184JG

Well Known Member
I just completed my ECI kit engine (IO-360) this past Saturday and need know what oil filter to buy.Also what is the torque on prop spacer bolts to the crank shaft ?

Catto

can't help with the filter, but my catto prop has the torq settings
listed on the prop..

Danny..

Spacer

N184JG said:
I just completed my ECI kit engine (IO-360) this past Saturday and need know what oil filter to buy.Also what is the torque on prop spacer bolts to the crank shaft ?

I think you're referring to the 12 holer...? Good question, I need the same answer. Of course the prop to spacer torque is on the prop.

I don't have my prop yet but do have the spacer and bolts and its installed on the engine so I could align the alt. and starter.

Which spacer do you have?

The paper work that came with my Saber prop extension listed the torque values, based on the bolt size and as stated above, the torque value for the Catto prop is listed on the prop hub.

Found the info

I can fax you a copy of Saber's Doc if you would like?

12 holer extension to crank:

3/8" bolts 30-35 ft lbs

7/16" bolts 40-45 ft lbs

1/2" bolts 45-50 ft lbs

There is a step procedure 10, 20, 30 etc listed for 3/8", I don't thinks 3/8 is real common or recommended though. Also, a note about removing paraffin from the engine bolts and using Red Loctitie 262.

I would be happy to forward...

Last edited:
Sabre Instructions

I'd be curious about the comments on removing parafin and using locktite. I was instructed to leave the parafin. Sabre didn't put it on there for any other reason than to be used.....

Paraffin

RVadmirer said:
I'd be curious about the comments on removing parafin and using locktite. I was instructed to leave the parafin. Sabre didn't put it on there for any other reason than to be used.....

The instructions to remove the paraffin and use loctite 262 is listed only for the 12 hole extension. The standard extensions instructions state do not remove paraffin on the bolts. I can't tell you why there's a difference.

I received a crush plate ,spacer ,12 bolts and 12 washers from Saber.The only instructions I received to use the 6 thin washers on the 3" bolts and the thick washers on the 6" bolts.

Thanks for all your help.

To tall?

The -1 is the short model, you won't find a shorter filter that I know of. I have the ECI angle adapter on my O360 in a 7A and there is plenty of room.

Darrell

I checked with Sam and he says the locktite is for those bolts that are not safety wired. For those that can be wired he recommends the parafin to get a more accurate torque reading. Grease can let you over torque and nothing or sticking threads can lead one to undertorque as there is some small amount needed just to turn the bolts. It would have to be measured and added to the base torque. I think that all makes sense..... :rolleyes: