RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello everyone

For anyone who may have replace their oil screen assy...

I 'm looking for info on the oil filter adapter and the size of spacer that you guys may have used on your -4 to replace your screen assy ..

What size of spacer and what type of adapter did you have to use to clear the engine mount on your -4??

I know for sure that a strait and a 90 degree adapter won't work on my -4 so it probably leave only a 45 degree due to other items in the way unless there are other type available??

Also any good sources to buy such a thing other than B& C ??

Thank you for your feedback

Bruno
[email protected]

I have purchased a new Casper labs 90 degree mount and the 4" extension block and bolted it to my motor. After about a year I have hung the motor and although it will work great I could use a straight adapter and will consider selling my adapter and extension. If it will work fir you, make ma an offer.

Jesse

Oil Adapter

Hi Jesse

Thanks for the offer but a 90 degre adapter won't work for me, I've got stuff in the way...

I guess my best bet will be a 45 degree one. I will check on a friend's 4 who's in town this week end as I believe that what he has.

Bruno

Last edited:
Yeah double check yours though and remember that there is a 4-6" extension with it. Ill try to get you some pics of it installed. There is the remote filter option but its heavier and expensive. I pulled my adapter off so i can send you a picture if you pm your email to me.

A 90 deg wont work well with a conical engine. I was not able to make it work on my set up. What kind of mount do you have?

Here's my RV-4 setup

I purchased the adapter and 2.5" extension from Mattituck Engines, but I think they went out of business.

Oil Filter Adapter

Hi Brian

Thanks for the pictures.
Looks like this one might work.By the look of it, it seems to be about 45 degrees, am I right on this?

All I need to do now is measured the size of the spacer required and I should be in the market for filter adapter soon.

Other than Casper Labs, who else sells this type of adapter..

Thanks all

Bruno
[email protected]

No other known source

Bruno,
I think the B&C unit is the same as what I purchased from Mattituck. I don't know of another source. You might have to consider Blueflyer's suggestion; remote location.

By the way, my engine is an O320D1A, and the mount is dynafocal.

Please keep us informed of your path to a solution.

Hi Brian

Thanks for the pictures.
Looks like this one might work.By the look of it, it seems to be about 45 degrees, am I right on this?
[email protected]

Late to the party but I just wanted to ask - do you have a conical or dynafocal mount? It makes a difference as I found out on my O320 :) If your mount is like the one in the picture then my comment/question can be ignored!

OIL FILTER ADAPTER VS ENGINE MOUNT TYPE

Hi PMNEWLON

My engine mount type is the same as Brian above, Dynafocal as far as I know.

Brian : I will take a few measurements next time I'm at the hangar and will know for sure.

Thanks all for the info, it is greatly appreciated.

Bruno
[email protected]

Oil Filter Adapter

Hello all

I took some measurements today while at the hangar and I will need the same as Brian's above...

The adapter + the 2.5 '' extension, that will put the filter at the right place and clear the engine mount..

B& C ...where are u ???

Bruno
[email protected]

Hello all

Well I finally decided to purchase a B&C oil filter adapter taking advantage of their Oshkosh special ( Really worth it if you're in the market for one ) with a 2.5 in. Adapter as per Brian's above.

I also took advantage to their Oshkosh special for a stand by alternator (mind as well combine the shipping..right ;). ) buying an Sd-20 at the same time..

Looks like I'm gonna have some work in the next few days...

Thanks a lot for everyone who providing advises and imputs..

Cheers

Bruno
[email protected]