miyu1975

Well Known Member
I decided to replace my oil screener with an oil adapter filter kit. I received it today from mattituck. It appears straight forward, although no instructions, except I can't figure out where the double threaded stud would go...an clues?

Also the orientation of the gasket...it says on there Top of Engine...see pic...does that mean that side should be facing up?.. sorry if this seems or is elementary.

P1020233.JPG

It goes....

.... in the hole that sits under the vernatherm body of the housing. You can't put a bolt in that hole so it has to be a stud and nut. The gasket goes like you said, top to the top of engine with the writing facing the filter adapter.

Last edited:
ok..thx, still not really sure where the small stud will go..perhaps I already have this in the vernatherm and won't need it?? If I am understanding the gasket orientation then the text on the gasket will be facing down toward the engine case?

Permatex #2 ok to apply to the gasket too?

Ok...so humor me here...the new oil filter adapter has two holes...I assume one (the bigger one) I put the veratherm in and the other will get an AN adapter. And the old adapter I will need to plug...this correct.?

P1020236.JPG

P1020237.JPG

P1020238.JPG

Last edited:
after more research and googleing I think I figured this out...the vernatherm will go in the bigger hole and the other temp thingy on the left (gold) will go in the smaller hole...