CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I am considering adding a placard to the inside of the oil door for servicing information. I am curious what others have used to withstand the temperatures in there.

I thought about it, Oil/filter type, Air pressure in tires, etc. But, after 100 hrs I'm still adjusting things and would have gotten it wrong.

Silver polyester tape with permanent adhesive in the Rhino labeler and attached to the flat portion of the hidden hinge (i.e. on the smooth aluminum). No issues in a few hundred hours.

no issues with dry labels

I am surprised, but after 100+ hours, a plain old white paper label with the clear gloss print surface was stuck on the fiberglass, and is still fine; I have other labels in the cabin & elsewhere that are in worse shape!:confused:
I'm sure if it got constantly wet or oily it would show, but it seems to be in a pretty protected spot.

The placard I saw was made of a plastic material I think. Looked like it had held up well.

It was something to the effect of "The structural integrity of this aircraft is not dependent upon how tight the dipstick is screwed in."