hesty

Hello!
I was wondering if anyone using the SW 8432R oil cooler or its equivalent has used the oil cooler offset that Robbie Attaway has made at http://www.attawayair.com/

It evidently moves the oil cooler back about 2" and over about 1.5" behind the aft baffle. I'm looking for any feedback or concerns before I purchase one for my RV-7A install with a lycoming IO-360 operating out of hot Las Vegas. Seems the install of this large oil cooler can be a real pain.:rolleyes:

Cheers
Chad

Sorry, I should have made that clear. He doesn't show the part on his website, but he said he had a few still available from the past. Just trying to find anyone using the part. I'll try private messaging some of the participants of threads a couple years ago that evidently used the part.
Cheers
Chad

I'll check

I'll be in contact with Robbie soon and will check on availability.

I had one mounted on my 7 and it worked great. I had to redo some baffling due to crack around the cooler area. (unrelated to the extension). I didn't remount the spacer and can't remember why.

Temps are slightly elevated without the spacer.

I'll see what I can find out.

It evidently moves the oil cooler back about 2" and over about 1.5" behind the aft baffle.

Moves it over which way? My recollection is that the oil cooler on my -7A was a tight fit on the inside edge where it is up against the engine mount, so presumably this mod will move it outward, toward the cowl?

If someone could post a picture of the installed product that would be helpful.

erich